Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Review: The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

The Woman in the WindowThe Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I often struggle with thrillers these days … I used to be a big thriller reader but I’ve read less and less over time. My reason for this change is that I’m often frustrated by how formulaic they often are. At some point, I get frustrated with the same story over and over with a ‘twist’ that I can solve pretty easily myself. Under normal circumstances, I would have probably skipped this one but after seeing so many readers I trust review it positively and hearing an interview with the author, I decided to give it a try. I’m so glad that I did. This was a solid psychological suspense thriller. I didn’t want to put this one down. The plot moved along so well that it was a ‘one more chapter’ read for me! I didn’t find myself second guessing ‘whodunnit’ the whole book because the story itself was interesting enough in and of itself. Ultimately, I really liked how the book wrapped up. I found it to be a refreshing take on this sort of story. I love the idea of a child psychologist with agoraphobia and its impact on her life – that was really interesting and gave me quite a bit to think about. All in all, I really liked this one. I’m eager to see what’s to come from this author!


No comments:

Post a Comment