Monday, March 5, 2018

Review: Hard To Stay by S. Jones

Hard To Stay (Hard #2)Hard To Stay by S. Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoy a good story about a woman in a bad relationship who is working to find her way to a better one. But, they can be tricky to make work. I really enjoyed this story of Lexi and Brad – how they meet, come to care for one another and ultimately make their way together. The controlling ex who won’t leave her alone and how Brad’s protective instinct is to take care of her was really strong in this novel. It didn’t feel superficial or even fake. It felt very real and honest. Lexi’s strength and desire to make a new life for herself really engaged me. The story had just enough drama and angst but not so much as to get in the way of the actual love story. Although this is the second in a series, it truly felt like a stand-alone. I didn’t even realize it was a series until after I finished it. I really enjoyed this one and hope to read more of S. Jones’ work in the future.

NOTE: The publisher provided me with a copy of this book for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment