Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Review: The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin

The ImmortalistsThe Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been hearing about this book for MONTHS and the praise has been everywhere. This book is pretty straightforward … four siblings visit a fortune teller and she tells them the exact date of each of their deaths. The rest of the book reveals the lives of each sibling and how knowing the exact date of their deaths impacts them. I found the novel to be a great way to explore the idea of fate and whether or not knowing when our life will end has an impact on how we live that life. My husband was told by a fortune teller how old he’d be when he died and he’s convinced that she was right after she shared other things that there is no way she could have known. I’m not sure I buy into that but it’s been interesting to see how he’s reacted to that information. Reading this book was really enlightening. It made me think about my feelings about fate and creating your own life and/or death. I didn’t love this one nearly as much as some of my reader friends. But, I did enjoy it and I’m glad I read it. I really enjoyed learning more about each of the siblings and their journeys. I definitely recommend it and think it might make a great book club book as it could bring up some interesting conversations about life and death.

NOTE: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment