Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Review: Dirt by Cassia Leo

Dirt (Evergreen, #1)Dirt by Cassia Leo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm struggling a little with this review. I liked this book - it's a solid book. But, I didn't love it. I think it's partly because it's a very different read than I expected. It wasn't nearly as dark and twisty as I'd expected based on the overview of the story. The writing was good, the pacing was fine. I think what threw me most was that it was essentially the story of two people trying to make their relationship work and yet the story brings in a third person and I'm not entirely sure what his purpose was to the overall story. I suspect this third person will make more sense when I read the 2nd book based on the ending, but it was frustrating to get to know him but have it never really go anywhere. I just finished the novel feeling very underwhelmed. Which isn't much fun ... I think I'll ultimately be satisfied after reading the next book (based on what I've read) but this one, in and of itself, didn't wow me.

Note: The publisher provided me with a free copy of this book for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment