Saturday, September 1, 2018

Review: Wedding Surprise by Ann B. Harrison

Review: Wedding Surprise by Ann B. Harrison (Amy's Book Obsession)Wedding Surprise by Ann B. Harrison
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I struggled with this one a bit. I liked some aspects but didn't like others. But, there were some things that I had a hard time getting past that impacted the overall experience of reading it. There wasn't a lot to this romance ... it was more of a story about coming home again and making amends with your past. There wasn't much actual romance to be had in this one - I'd definitely classify this one as a CLOSED door romance. I wonder if reading the earlier novels in the series would have helped me with this one a bit - I felt like I was catching up on the history of this couple for the entire book. Many of the decisions made by the various characters didn't make sense to me. I could have lived with one or two but it felt like every decision made didn't make sense to me based on the story. And it felt like the hero and heroine (and the other characters) all had the same conversation over and over and over. The story just never came together for me and I didn't love it. It's a fine book but it didn't blow me away. I'm not sure why but it appears that others enjoyed it more than I did. So, if the premise sounds interesting, please give it a shot.

NOTE: Thank you for the publisher for a free copy of the book for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment