Saturday, September 1, 2018

Review: In Too Deep by Dani Collins

Review: In Too Deep by Dani Collins (Amy's Book Obsession)In Too Deep by Dani Collins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Since I enjoyed the previous book in this series, I was looking forward to this one. And it was good but not great. It is a good read but there were flaws that I had a hard time getting past. For one, the hero was annoying for the vast majority of the book. I just could not get connected with him. He was often flippant and seemed to be frustratingly obtuse. I did eventually connect with him but it took entirely too long for me. I love Wren and Sky ... they were what is the best about this book. Once I warmed up to Trigg, it all came together for me. But, not liking him for most of the book really impacted my overall impression of the book. I know that the point was that Trigg was difficult but Collins ended up making him too unlikeable for me. But, it's still a good book. Based on the reviews, most readers didn't have this issue with Trigg so definitely give it a shot.

NOTE: Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment