Saturday, September 1, 2018

Review: The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

Review: The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager (Amy's Book Obsession)The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked Riley Sager's first novel and this follow up was just as good for me (maybe even a smidge better ...). I admire Sager's ability to create a sinister mood that gives the reader a strong sense of unease while also making the reader never want to put the book down! Although my own camp experiences were very different than the one described in the book (I was much older when I went to camp), I found the entire camping aspect of the story to be so well done! The setting that Sager created was fantastic and really give the book a sense of realness. This book is an excellent example of a psychological thriller - it kept me on my toes, made me think, kept me guessing and made me think. All the things I love in a good thriller! Overall, I found this to be a really satisfying thriller. It may be one of the best thrillers that I've read so far this year. Highly recommended!

NOTE: Thank you to the publisher for a free copy of this novel for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment