Saturday, September 1, 2018

Review: Fling Club by Tara Brown

Review: Fling Club by Tara Brown (Amy's Book Obsession)
Fling Club by Tara Brown
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I don't think I'm the audience for this book ... it was definitely a YA romance but I could not get past some of the big flaws that I found while reading. The entire fling club concept was insulting and I can't believe smart girls would go along with this and ever think it was ok. Maybe I'm just jaded but I found it to be ridiculous. The hero and heroine were fine but I think the only character that I actually really enjoyed was Ella (Cherry's sister) and she was very much a side character. There was a lot of repetition in the narrative which didn't work for me. But, what concerned me the most, was the slut shaming that was repetitively brought up over and over. I don't think it's a good message - particularly for a romance that is geared towards teens. All in all, this novel did not work for me. But, the reviews on this one say something very different as many readers didn't feel similarly to me. So, if the premise sounds good to you, I'd recommend that you give it a shot. Perhaps my own issues and perspective didn't make for a good match with this one.

NOTE: Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a free copy for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment