Sunday, August 30, 2015

Review: Rising Strong by Brené Brown

Rising StrongRising Strong by Brené Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Brene Brown and I was excited to hear that she had another book coming out to continue to help people deal with vulnerability and authenticity. I've gotten a great deal out of all of her previous books and am happy to say that I got a great deal out of this one as well. Brene has a way of writing what would be called 'self-help' in a very non-traditional way. I walk away from her books feeling like I have new strategies to use in my real life but I never feel preached at or anything like that. I almost feel like I'm reading the notes of a good friend, helping me to be the best me that I can be!

My exposure to Brene's work has changed me in many very impactful ways. It's changed the way I think about my relationships with people - my family, my friends, my professional relationships. It's changed the way I talk to myself. It's changed the way that I parent my children.

This book was really interesting as it builds on the previous books (although you can definitely read this as a stand-alone). It focuses on what happens when you fail - and how to make the transition from failure to recovery. I love how Brene focuses on providing a variety of examples that give you very tangible strategies for maneuvering this transition in your own way.

I definitely recommend this book (and any of Brene's books). I think they are some of the only 'self-help' books that have truly changed my life and my relationships. I can't wait to see what she has coming in the future!

NOTE: I received an e-galley of this book from the publisher for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment