Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Review: Out by Natsuo Kirino

OutOut by Natsuo Kirino
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m still not quite sure how I feel about this novel. Disturbing, dark, twisty … these all very
adequately describe this book. I was expecting more of a thriller than I got with this one. Although there are very thrilling moments which fit that bill, it’s really more of a character study. It was frankly one of the most unusual and unsettling books that I’ve read. If violence is hard for you to read, avoid this one. There are some scenes that really unsettled me and I’m not usually very impacted by that sort of thing. I’m glad that I read it but I can’t say that I loved it. I hear people talking about this a lot in the literary world so I’m glad I read it so I understand the context when people talk about it. However, I can’t say it was a great book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment