Monday, July 23, 2018

Review: The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel

The Forgotten GirlsThe Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this for my book club and enjoyed it more than I expected to. I went in assuming it was another of those dark and twisty suspense novels. But, this one is so much more than that. I found the story compelling and was curious throughout as to what had actually happened. I suspect that I may have enjoyed it more if I’d read earlier books in the series because the ‘mystery’ at the heart of the novel was compelling to me. But, I found that I found myself feeling like I was missing something when it came to the main character Louise. And her friend, Camilla, I found to be completely confusing. I’m still not so sure what her role was and she felt ‘dropped in’ to me because there wasn’t much information about her or her place in the world created in the book. All in all, I enjoyed this one but can’t help but suggest that you start at the beginning of the series (this is the 7th book in the series) so you don’t find the holes that I found while reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment