Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Review: How to Walk Away by Katherine Center

Review: How to Walk Away by Katherine Center (Amy's Book Obsession)How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this one but I suspect that I'd have liked it even more if I had read it at a different time. I read it during a time when work was INSANE - I was working long hours, traveling, etc. As a result, I didn't connect with this as quickly as I'd have suspected. It took me a long time to connect with the characters and the story. But, once I did, I really enjoyed this one. The premise - overcoming tragic events, finding your inner strength and then add in a romance - is fantastic. The author kept a good balance between covering heavy subject matter and keeping things light. Which isn't an easy thing to do. I wouldn't say this story was unpredictable - in fact, I think it was fairly predictable. But, once I was hooked, it kept me engaged and interested despite the predictability. I understand why so many people loved it but it didn't quite win me over as it did many of them. It's a really good book but not a great one! The story is good, the characters were good, the romance could have been better (in my opinion), and there were funny moments as well as poignant moments. All in all, I do recommend it if it sounds appealing to you. I do think it's a good book that most will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment