Friday, July 20, 2018

Review: Other People's Houses by Abbi Waxman

Other People's HousesOther People's Houses by Abbi Waxman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this novel. Abbi Waxman has a way of grabbing the reader's attention and bringing the characters and place of this novel alive. This story focuses on a neighborhood and it’s inhabitants as they live their lives. I don’t want to tell you much about the plot. But, I will tell you that Abbi Waxman excels at blending humor into the realities of life. She had me laughing, crying and everything in between. This novel really explores some tough stuff and yet the humor woven into the story really helps keep it from being completely depressing. It read like real life - fun, sad, happy, irritating, etc. I highly recommend this novel … I think it has something for everyone! It explores marriage, family, parenting, infidelity, friendship, expectations, etc. I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to read more of Abbi Waxman’s work!

No comments:

Post a Comment