Monday, November 30, 2015

Review: Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

Saint AnythingSaint Anything by Sarah Dessen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am new to Sarah Dessen but I really enjoyed this novel. I felt it was very realistic about the lives of teenagers. The dialogue and characters felt realistic and true. I found this book to be a thoughtful exploration of family, self-discovery and friendship.

I feel like this quote really summed up some of my favorite parts of this book -
"I was used to being invisible. People rarely saw me, and if they did, they never looked close. I wasn't shiny and charming like my brother, stunning and graceful like my mother, or smart and dynamic like my friends. That's the thing though. You always think you want to be noticed. Until you are."
I often felt invisible as a teenager and often struggled with the fact that I was so unnoticed and how that was good and bad at times. I felt this book really honored the feelings that a lot of teens have ... and it did a great job of showing how teens often rely on their friends when their family isn't meeting their needs.

I really liked this one and felt it was more mature than some YA that I've read. I enjoyed the reading experience. I recommend to YA fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment