Thursday, November 26, 2015

Review: What Lies Between by Charlena Miller

What Lies BetweenWhat Lies Between by Charlena Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am almost always attracted to novels that take place in Scotland. I believe I heard about this particular novel from a list that someone put together for fans of Outlander. Although this is no Outlander, I did enjoy this book quite a bit. It is a contemporary fiction novel with some suspense elements.

I found this novel to be well written and the story itself interesting. I liked the characters and found their development was well done. I loved the descriptions of Scotland which felt true to my own experience of visiting. The mystery of the novel was well done and the suspense pacing was handled well. There was romance but it wasn't even remotely all about romance. I'd say it was a really interesting suspense novel with a bit of romance.

I definitely recommend this one if you enjoy contemporary novels or you enjoy novels set in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment