Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Review: The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne

The Ice TwinsThe Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a creepy book! As a mother of twins (although not identical twins), I found this entire story fascinating. There was such a great senses of place which reinforced the creepy nature of the novel. The character development was well done as was the pacing of the story. It's interesting how Tremayne tied the various creepy aspects into one cohesive narrative. I thought it was well done. There is definitely a strong atmospheric element to the novel which made it interesting throughout.

I did have some issues with the book but they were mostly small things that didn't affect my overall enjoyment of the novel. I found it hard to believe that a parent wouldn't know which twin was which as occurred in this novel. The characters (although well developed) were not easy to like ... they were not nice people, there were few redeeming qualities in either of them for me. The ending didn't entirely work for me but not enough to ruin the overall book.

This is a particularly good suspense novel so if that's up your alley, you may want to give this one a shot! It was definitely a creepy read!

No comments:

Post a Comment