Friday, November 27, 2015

Review: Jackaby by William Ritter

Jackaby (Jackaby, #1)Jackaby by William Ritter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How did I miss this book when it was released?? When the second in the series came out, I learned of this one and grabbed it up. And I'm so glad I did. I really loved this book!

This novel's main character is Jackaby who is like Sherlock Holmes but with supernatural abilities. And he is fantastic! Loved getting to know him and read about his work. His relationship with Abigail (a woman who comes to work for him as an assistant) is so interesting. I loved the mix of mystery, supernatural and the fact that there is NO ROMANCE. I was worried at first that it would become a romance but thank goodness it's didn't go that direction.

I can't wait to read the next in the series and get to spend more time with Jackaby and Abigail. Someone called this one a mix of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Who and I'd say that's a good description. I definitely recommend this one! I really enjoyed the entire experience of reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment