Monday, May 14, 2018

Review: Oceanside by Michelle Mankin

Oceanside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #3)Oceanside by Michelle Mankin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am struggling a bit with this review. I liked this one quite a bit but I just didn’t love it. I really liked the hero and heroine. I’m glad the story focused heavily on a health condition – and ultimately, it brought some attention to the reality of life with that particular condition. Yet, the story just didn’t connect with me in the way I’d hope. I liked the characters but their relationship never completely made sense to me. I just didn’t connect with them as a couple as much as I did with each of them as an individual character. The plotting also seemed rushed at times – the story came together but it didn’t feel as seamless as I’d have liked. I also wonder if my reaction was impacted on the fact that this is the third in a series – I wonder if I’d have connected with everything a bit more had I gotten to know the entire group from the earlier books. All to say that I liked this one quite a bit but it’s not a favorite. A solid story that offers something new – particularly as it relates to the health issue it portrays.

NOTE: I received a copy of this book as an ARC from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment