Sunday, May 13, 2018

Review: Dirty Exes by Rachel Van Dyken

Review: Dirty Exes (Amy's Book Obsession)Dirty Exes by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really quite liked this one. It was unique and interesting. The heroine is part owner of an investigation company that focuses on catching cheaters. As a result, there is a lot of focus on cheating. If that isn’t your thing, skip this one. The heroine is investigating a man who left her in the past for his career when his current wife hires her to expose him and his cheating. Add in his best friend who the heroine can’t seem to stop thinking about and you get some fascinating situations! As you can imagine, this set up brings a lot of ridiculous scenarios with it. It’s funny – like actually made me laugh several times. I didn’t think Blaire (the heroine) and Jessie (the one she knew in the past)’s relationship made all that much sense – she saw his as the one after a VERY small time together (not even a month). It just didn’t feel realistic to me. But, I got over that. It wasn’t a big issue but it did puzzle me. All in all, I enjoyed this one. Light, funny and witty!

NOTE: I received a copy of this book as an ARC from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment