Wednesday, May 16, 2018

April 2018: Monthly Reading Review

Monthly Reading Review: April 2018 (Amy's Book Obsession)

I'm so late posting this ... I'm so sorry! May has been so crazy that I'm just catching up now! Here is my monthly reading review for April 2018! Here is the April Reads page from my reading journal ... I'm pretty pleased with how things worked out in April!


All in, I read 14 books in April. Six romance, four non-fiction and four literary fiction books. In terms of ratings - I had one 5 star, ten 4 stars, and three 3 stars. Eight of the 14 books were from the publisher. I'm still working on 5 books that I started in April that are carrying over into May. At the end of April, I'm at a total of 58 books for the year. Not bad at all! That means I'm tracking at finishing about 174 books in 2018. I'd like to increase that a bit so I'm hoping summer reading will push the total upward a bit!

In terms of my reading plans for May, I do have a few things I'm hoping to get read. I have two book club books that I want to try to finish in May - The Librarian of Auschwitz and The Forgotten Girls. The theme for May/June in that book club is Translated Fiction so each of these are translated works chosen by the group. There is another book but I may not get to that one until June. I also have a few ARCs to finish in May including Love and Ruin, The High Tide Club, A Shout in the Ruins and a couple of romances. And then I have a few sitting on my bedside table that I'm hoping to fit in - Out, Other People's Houses, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and The Bazaar of Bad Dreams. And then, of course, I always end up randomly picking things up based on my mood at the time. Looking forward to sharing with you in early June what I actually get to in May!

What did you read in April 2018? Help us add more books to our TBRs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment