Sunday, April 29, 2018

Review: The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory

book-reading-reviewThe Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just LOVED this romance. It was wonderful. Alexa, the heroine, was fantastic – smart, hilarious, and felt very real. And she EATS … she doesn’t try to eat like a bird, she actually eats food – and enjoys it. Also, it was nice to see an actual interracial couple in a romance – good ones are few and far between. I found the Alexa and Drew relationship to be really good – I like that they challenged each other and would get real with each other. It never felt trite or cutesy, yet it was CUTE (LOL)! It was a great reading palette cleanser for me … I’ve been reading a lot of heavy books lately so this was such a pleasant surprise. I will say that it’s pretty steamy – it’s definitely a sexy book. But, I think it was one of the better romances that I’ve read lately. I really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment