Monday, April 2, 2018

Bookish Quote of the Week

book-reading-quote


I remember the first time I read this Anna Quindlen quote and sighing to myself ... because I really hoped that my future children would love books as much as I do. And now, years later, I have three kids and only one of them is what I'd call a true reader and lover of books. Our 13-year old twins aren't particularly interested in reading ... they will read but only for school. They never read for pleasure and never seem interested in going to the library or a bookstore. This is really hard for me but I'm really hoping that they will grow into readers. I need to believe that! Until then, I'll focus on covering my own house with books since that makes me happy. I just really hope that my kiddos will all end up being book people ... who I truly believe tend to be the best people!

Do you have children? If so, do they love books and reading? 



No comments:

Post a Comment