Monday, April 16, 2018

Bookish Quote of the Week

quote-reading-read-book-books-quote

This is one of my all-time favorite things about BOOKS! I put the book down and I feel like I've made a friend. It's amazing how intimate reading someone's novel or book can be ... it gives you this feeling of knowing them even if you don't. For example, I met Richard Russo at an event once and I was amazed how I was in awe of him and yet felt like he was an old friend all at the same time. After reading so many of his novels, I felt like I knew him. And I'm convinced Hanya Yanigahara is exactly the kind of person that I want to be friends with ... her mind is an amazing place! Authors can just get into our hearts and souls with their work. 

Are there any authors who have made you wish they were personal friends after reading their books? If so, who? 




No comments:

Post a Comment