Thursday, July 6, 2017

Review: Forever Yours by Addison Fox

Forever YoursForever Yours by Addison Fox
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the 3rd in a series but I haven’t read the first two. I don’t feel like I lost anything by not reading the earlier books but I do wonder what I might have missed – it’s that little part of me that worries I’m missing some context for not reading the earlier books. I love the whole one party pining for the other party trope in a romance and this book is all about that trope! I did like the fact that the heroine of the novel is a woman of color (this is something that is seriously lacking in romance) and it wasn’t a ‘thing’ that made the book work. She just happens to be black, it’s not like it’s a huge plot point or anything. Again, I like this. I also like that she’s a professional woman who has had a great deal of success and doesn’t necessarily ‘need’ a man to be fulfilled. Yes, she loves the hero, yes she’s always loved him but her life does not in any way revolved around him. All in all, I did enjoy this one although I found that it was wrapped up pretty quickly. I suddenly got to the end and was like wow, we got here really quickly. It just seemed to end more suddenly than I expected based on where the story seemed to be going. Not a flaw necessarily but just an observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment