Friday, July 7, 2017

Review: Everything We Left Behind by Kerry Lonsdale

Everything We Left Behind (Everything We Keep, #2)Everything We Left Behind by Kerry Lonsdale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wish I’d enjoyed this one more. It was good but not great. It felt considerably slower paced than the first book did. I definitely recommend reading Everything We Keep BEFORE this one as this one will spoil that one for you. This is really the same story as the first book but from a very different perspective. I found it interesting to experience that switch as a reader. I think the fact that it is a very similar story given that its in the same world with the same characters made it a little more sluggish for me. I suspect that is because Aimee wasn’t in this one as much. I really enjoyed her in the first one and didn’t connect with the character at the focus of this book. I’m glad I read it so I could see how everything came together but this one was not quite as good as the first for me!

NOTE: I received an ARC of this novel from the publisher for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment