Friday, July 7, 2017

Review: Chemistry by Weike Wang

ChemistryChemistry by Weike Wang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is such an unusual book – truly unlike any I’ve read before. The voice as well as the exploration of finding your place in the world were the standouts for me with this one. The novel’s voice, in particular, was outstanding. It took me some time to get into a rhythm with it but once I did, it really grabbed me. The themes and how the author weaved them with science/chemistry was so well done! The narrator really grew on me with her way of moving through the world and her experiences. I came to really understand her pain and her feelings of loneliness. I thought this was a fantastic read and I definitely recommend it especially if you’re interested in reading books where the voice of the novel is a bit off kilter. Very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment