Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Reading Musings

Reading These Days

I just wanted to mention that there may not be a ton of reviews coming for the rest of 2014 as I'm pretty much on a Michael Connelly kick and I rarely do thorough reviews of those here on the blog ... I've already read (in the last week or two) - Trunk Music, The Poet, Blood Work and I'm currently reading Angel's Flight. And I'm obsessed. It's all I want to read so I'm going with it. If you haven't read Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series, I can't recommend it more highly. It's fantastic and Harry is an amazing character. I love that Connelly has such an immense back list so I can tear through them!

Advanced Reader Copies Coming Up

I have a few ARC readings/reviews coming up soon (probably in early 2015). One is the new novel by Kristin Hannah, The Nightingale, which looks really good. Another is The Same Sky by Amanda Eyre Ward which also looks fantastic and right up my alley. Two more on my list are Rage Against The Dying by Becky Masterman and The Children's Crusade by Ann Packer. You're likely to see reviews for those books coming soon ...

My Best of 2014

I wanted to share with you the books that I loved most in 2014 but please note that I'm not including those 2015 books that I read as ARCs in this list although at least a few of those were some of my favorites of the year. Anything BEFORE 2015 is fair game for this list. This year was difficult to categorize for me. There was no ONE book that blew all others away as often is the case. This year I had a great reading year but no one book came out as a favorite per se. 

Here are the books that I'd characterize as my favorites of 2014 - 

The Poet by Michael Connelly
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

All fantastic books that I highly recommend. I'm linking to the reviews here on the blog, as I can,  in case you missed any of them!

2015 Books You Should Add to Your TBR List

There are two 2015 books that I have read that I would feel remiss if I didn't call out so you can be sure to get your hands on them ASAP in the New Year -


These are two of the books that I would say were of my favorites read in 2014. And I highly, highly recommend them both! They are fantastic!

Okay - that's it for now. I probably will have limited reviews for the rest of 2014 but I'm sure I'll be back with lots to share in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment