Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Review: The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka

The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on FlavorThe Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a fantastic cookbook! If you're looking for a cookbook with great food that are more healthy and low in calories, this may well be your best bet! Although I've heard of Gina's website, I haven't been spending a lot of time there regularly but I've decided to change that based on what I'm seeing in this cookbook!

The book itself is beautiful - well constructed, with great photography and lots of good tips! The content is well done and includes the following areas: Skinny Basics, Sunny Mornings, Skinny-Licious Soups and Chilis, Sandwiches on the Lighter Side, Skinny Bites, Fabulous Main-Dish Salads, Perfect Poultry, Lean Meat Dishes, Fabulous Fish, Meatless Mains, Veggie-Licious Sides, Skinny Sweet Tooth.

There is something for everyone in this cookbook! Although most of the recipes have a photo associated with it, some of them don't which frustrates me since I'd prefer to have a photo for ALL of the recipes. But, I do appreciate that most of them have a photo.

Some of the recipes that I'm planning to try soon include - Winter Potato, Kale and Sausage Frittta, Rustic Italian Gnocchi Soup, Summer Lobster Rolls, Guiltless Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms, Tuscan Panzanella Salad with Grilled Garlic Bread, Chicken Marsala, Slow Cooker Mexican Pork Carnitas, Cilantro-Lime Shrimp, Black Bean Burrito Bowls, Silky Chocolate Cream Pie, and Baked Bananas Foster a la Mode. Yum! I can't wait to dig in and make some of these dishes!

I highly recommend this cookbook for pretty much anyone! Definitely a great one to pick up!

NOTE: I received this book from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment