Sunday, December 14, 2014

Review: The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens

The Life We BuryThe Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a novel that covers a lot of bases - legal thriller, mystery, family drama and more! I found it compelling and well written. Although the overall plot felt a bit familiar to me, I found that what Eskens did with it was interesting and a bit outside of the box. Given that this is a debut novel, I can't wait to see what Eskens has in store for us.

The characters were well drawn and interesting, the writing was great, the plot was strong and the pacing was fantastic. Giving just enough to keep the reader engaged while holding back enough to keep you reading is a skill that Allen Eskens employed well in this novel. Although in many ways this novel is more a mystery thriller than anything, I also think it read very much like literary fiction. I was engaged from start to finish.

I definitely recommend this one - it's a great story with lots of interesting twists and turns! Very worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment