Saturday, November 29, 2014

Review: Bad Feminist: Essays by Roxane Gay

Bad Feminist: EssaysBad Feminist: Essays by Roxane Gay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved all of these essays. Such thoughtful insights that gave me a lot to ponder over! I will say that Roxane Gay's essays are right up my alley - much of what she said really resonated with me! Only Roxane Gay can make me enjoy an essay about Scrabble. Wow. She is fabulous!

She has much to say about feminism, pop culture, literature, politics and more. Each and every essay had something interesting for me to think about. Gay has a way with words - yes, she's opinionated but she's also very thoughtful and witty. I didn't find her to be in any way offensive or rude.

I highly recommend this essay collection. They are fantastic and thought-provoking. Great to dip into or devour in one sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment