Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Review: The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

The Sugar Queen The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen


My rating: 5 of 5 stars





I'm not typically a fan of 'magic' in stories - most magical realism type books are NOT a good fit for me. So, I was a bit anxious about reading this one as it has a magical quality. And, boy, was I surprised! I was VERY taken with this book. It was such a nice, entertaining book! I really loved the characters ... Josey resonated with me for a number of reasons and I loved her adoration of sweets/candy while Chloe & her books were fascinating to me! I love the idea of books you need finding you! Heaven! The characters were very interesting and kept pulling at my heart as the book continues. The characters journeys were wonderful to read!

I loved the story, it was enchanting and magical. It was a book that I wanted to sit and read all day! I simply didn't want to put it down. So sweet and endearing but not at all saccharine.

I figured out the 'twist' early on but I don't think that it kept me from enjoying the book AT ALL. I loved every moment in the world of The Sugar Queen. I immediately put Garden Spells on hold at the library and I can't wait to dive into another Sarah Addison Allen novel! I'm excited to have found an author who does 'magical' in a way that resonates with me!

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment