Saturday, May 1, 2010

Review: Little Bee by Chris Cleave


Little Bee by Chris Cleave
My rating: 5 STARS!!!!!

I'd been desperate to read this book since I first read about it and it absolutely delivered for me! It was a fantastic reading experience. First and foremost - can that cover be any more WONDERFUL! I love how Cleave is able to address some pretty heavy issues in a way that is very readable and approachable. Although I preferred the sections from Little Bee's point of view, I was really taken with the entire novel. I felt it was extremely well written and Cleave was able to get me to truly care for Little Bee and feel invested in the events of the novel in a way that I did not expect. There is so much 'good stuff' here that I have to recommend it - the themes are very thought provoking and compelling. The writing is great. The characters are fascinating (to me). And, it was one of those books that I didn't want to put down. And, I was sad to see the book end. Little Bee will live on for me for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear it was good - I have been wanting to read this one too for quite some time!

    ReplyDelete