Friday, May 7, 2010

Review: Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen

Garden Spells Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen


My rating: 5 of 5 stars





I'm falling fast in love with Sarah Addison Allen's novels! I love the way she intertwines magic into the everyday in a way that is believable and interesting. I loved all of the characters in this novel - including the tree! I love the way the journey's of each of the sisters were brought together and weaved into a beautiful story about family, friendship, and growing up. I love how Allen took some pretty intense themes but made them feel important but not depressing. She really has a gift for telling stories and creating very interesting and compelling characters. Allen truly exceeds at creating an atmosphere with every single word that she puts on the page ... an atmosphere that makes you feel as if you've fallen into another world.

I loved the character of Evanelle and I loved her gift for giving people exactly what they need. I love that Allen does such a fantastic job of creating an entire group of characters that you can't wait to read more about. It's almost like a lovely, small town in a book.

I definitely recommend this book and think that its a nice, easy, and enchanting read!

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment