Thursday, May 6, 2010

Review: Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout


Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
My rating: 5 stars!

Wow ... I savored every word of this novel. Amazing. The writing was magnificent. The characters were so compelling. I didn't want to stop reading. And, I was sad when it was over. Olive is such a fascinating (and often unlikeable) woman and yet I really felt her throughout the book. I thought she was so well written and multi-layered. Very real. Her voice in the book would occasionally take my breath away - with her heartbreaking honesty. The interconnected stories were wonderful. I was concerned I wouldn't like that format but I really did. The book is subtle and breathtaking. I definitely recommend this one! An unforgettable book!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment