Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Review: The Friend Who Got Away by Jenny Offill, Elissa Schappell

The Friend Who Got Away by Jenny Offill, Elissa Schappell
My rating: 3 stars


Although I didn't love all the stories in this book of essays, there were a few that really spoke to me. That reminded me of my own 'friends who got away' ... that made me sad, frustrated and nostalgic all at once! Friendships are complicated and I think almost everyone has experienced letting go of a friendship or being let go of ... it's pretty universal. As a result, it was really quite interesting to read about the experiences of other women ... their feelings, their motivations, as well as their justifications. Overall, I'm glad that I read this collection of essays but it wasn't a personal favorite.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fascinating book! I know I have friends from previous periods in my life that I had to end friendships with- some on purpose, and some just because we drifted apart.

    ReplyDelete