Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Review: Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham

Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in BetweenTalking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Let me start by saying that I adore Lauren Graham … I’m a huge fan of Gilmore Girls as well as Parenthood. I loved her novel. I love to see her in interviews and so forth. So, this book should have been my book kryptonite. And I liked it … but I didn’t love it. Which makes me so sad. Part of the issue is that I rarely find books funny. It’s really hard to translate humor to writing, in my opinion. There were moments where I chuckled but there were more moments where I saw her trying to be funny and found it to be unfunny. She seemed to be trying to write in the same way that she talks which isn’t always easy to do. What I did love? The stories about Gilmore Girls and Parenthood were standouts – I loved those parts. It’s great to get an insider’s view of something you love. In fact, I wish there was even more about that, particularly Parenthood. If you’re a fan of hers or of her work, you definitely should check it out. It’s a quick and easy read. It’s not complex or difficult in any way. It was a nice break between heavy fiction. I definitely think this is for her super fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment