Sunday, March 26, 2017

Review: #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

#GIRLBOSS#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Giving this book 3 stars is killing me. The idea of the book and some of the content is closer to a 4/5 but most of it was just OK so I am having to give it the lower score. I'm in the midst of starting a new small business and kept hearing that this was THE book I needed to pick up. And it definitely had some gems that made me think. But, it wasn't nearly as in depth as I would have expected nor did it offer a lot of concrete information that I could truly implement in my own business or life as a #girlboss. Is Sophia Amoruso a great lady? Sure - she's funny and interesting ... without a doubt. She's accomplished SO much. Which is one of the reasons that this book fell a little flat for me. Perhaps my expectations were too high? Ultimately, I just never connected with the book the way I'd expected to given all of the raves I've heard about it. The book felt a bit jumpy to me ... all over the place and just disorganized or something. I was never bored but I was also never super engaged. I was really hoping for more! I'm not saying don't read it ... it's worth a read. Especially if you're interested in her story. But, know going in, that it's got some pretty major flaws. That should help set expectations a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment