Sunday, October 4, 2015

Review: A Reunion of Ghosts by Judith Claire Mitchell

A Reunion of GhostsA Reunion of Ghosts by Judith Claire Mitchell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a wonderful novel! Such an interesting exploration of family and how actions in one time and place can impact future generations. I really found this entire novel to be quite different and compelling.

The exploration of this family is so thorough, so interesting ... the details that Mitchell includes are just fascinating. These men and women became so real to me as I read. Although there is a great deal of tragedy explored in the book, this novel is in no way maudlin or depressing. This is such a smart book, the exploration of this family and their experiences just surprised me with how fantastic it was!

I think this is a book that will work for so many people. There is so much to explore and think about. This would probably be a great book club book actually. I really enjoyed it and recommend it highly! Really unusual and compelling fiction! Definitely worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment