Saturday, October 31, 2015

Review: The Fair Fight by Anna Freeman

The Fair FightThe Fair Fight by Anna Freeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had heard good things about this one but the description didn't exactly grab me so I didn't read it for awhile. But, now I'm kicking myself because this was such a great book! Although it's certainly historical fiction, it's so much more! It's just fantastic reading!

The story centers around two women in Victorian England - one who is born in a brothel and is making her way by boxing and one who is wealthy and has all of the status one could hope for. This story brings these two women together and they must each fight for every single thing they want ... mostly from the men in their lives.

SO SO GOOD! It's bold and realistic. It clearly tells the ins and outs of life as a woman in Victorian England. The writing is fanatic. The story itself is really great. The story is gritty, compelling and bold in so many ways.

I really can't recommend this more, especially if you like historical fiction or are interested in exploring the state of women in Victorian England. But, frankly, I think this is a book anyone could enjoy regardless of what you typically read! I definitely recommend picking this one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment