Sunday, January 31, 2010

Review: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

 

 The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 3 stars

Although I definitely enjoyed this one much more than Coraline, I'm still not over-enthused with this one. I enjoyed the beginning of the book but by the middle and end, I was just wanting it to be over. Which is never a good sign. I didn't hate the book but I certainly didn't love it as I'd hoped. I think one issue for me was nothing was particularly fleshed out ... each 'adventure' had such potential but never went as far as I'd liked it to have gone. I liked this one but I certainly didn't love it. It wasn't nearly as dark as I'd expected. Nor was it as scary as I'd hoped. Ultimately, I felt like it had so much potential but didn't live up to that potential. Good solid story but could have been so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment