Sunday, January 10, 2010

Review: Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder



My rating: 5 stars

My review:
Although I read this series as a child, I decided to re-read this first one for the Seasonal Challenge's Lewis and Clark task and fell in love with this family all over again. The book had much more impact to me as an adult, actually, to help me realize how lucky we are in modern times to not have to struggle the way that they did in this book. I will definitely be reading the series with my children when they are a little older. The joy of reading these books is their engaging ability to make you feel as if you are THERE - seeing, feeling,experiencing life right along with this family. This is a book that I definitely can recommend - for children and adults!

No comments:

Post a Comment