Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Review: Thomas Jefferson by R.B. Bernstein



My rating: 3 stars

My review:
This is a book that I normally would not have picked up on my own. I selected it for the Seasonal Challenge's Lewis and Clark task. I was apprehensive about reading it because I'm not a huge reader of non-fiction historical books, because I tend to find them dry and boring. But, I heard good things about this one and figured that I wouldn't be completely lost since I know a great deal about Thomas Jefferson (being a kid, growing up in VA, we learned A LOT about him!). And, overall, it was okay. I didn't hate it. But, I also didn't love it. It wasn't particularly engaging - definitely read like a history text and it took me some time to get through it despite it being a fairly short book. Although I did learn some new things, reading this book did help me to see just how much I already know about Thomas Jefferson which was interesting. Overall, I'm glad that I gave it a read but I don't think I'll be rushing out to read more of this type of book. It just doesn't captivate me enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment