Sunday, November 9, 2014

Review: A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki

A Tale for the Time BeingA Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a wonderful book this one ended up being! I'd tried to start it before but ended up putting it down. I am so glad that I returned and gave it another shot. This is definitely an odd novel - very different from anything I can remember reading before. And I mean odd in the best possible way! I don't even trust myself to try to describe this book because it's something that I almost think needs to be experienced in order to really understand how wonderful it truly is ...

I highly recommend this novel to any and every one! It's so fantastic and really resonated with me on so many levels. The narrative voice is one of the things that is so outstanding about this novel. It's a novel very much about ideas and it was ultimately a book that made me think about things in new and interesting ways.

I loved the characters. I loved the sense of place(s). I loved the writing. I loved the story. I loved the little tangents that the narrative took me. It's an all around fantastic read and I recommend you pick it up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment