Friday, November 7, 2014

Review: My Perfect Pantry by Geoffrey Zakarian

My Perfect Pantry: 150 Easy Recipes from 50 Essential IngredientsMy Perfect Pantry: 150 Easy Recipes from 50 Essential Ingredients by Geoffrey Zakarian
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a big Geoffrey Zakarian fan so I was thrilled to be given this cookbook by the publisher for an honest review. I was so happy to find that its a good cookbook for home cooks at a variety of levels! It's a really great resource guide as well as cookbook! The premise is that he offers recipes for 50 ingredients that most people might/should have in their home pantry.

The book itself is quite nice - sturdy book with nice, heavy paper. The book's design is fantastic. The photos are great and I love that every recipe seems to have a photo in the book which is something that I personally look for in a quality cookbook.

I love that there is so much information offered about the variety of ingredients that the recipes utilize. There is good information AND there are good tips. I think that is a huge asset to this book.

There are approximately 3 recipes per essential ingredient so there is a lot of options available in the book! A few of my favorite recipes include -
1. All Purpose Fritter
2. Lime, Corn and Fresh Herb Salad
3. Magnificent Meatballs
4. Ricotta Gnudi with Mushroom-Garlic Butter
5. Italian Pasta Salad
6. Orecchiette with Lemon, Garlic and Parmigiano-Reggiano
7. Creamy Rice and Mushroom Casserole
8. Chinese American Fried Rice
9. Brown Sugar Pie
10. Quick Caramelized Apple Tart

All in all, I really like this cookbook and think I'll make some fantastic dishes using this great resource! I'm excited to dig in! If you like Geoffrey's style of cooking, I think this is a must buy! I definitely recommend this one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment