Monday, June 25, 2018

Review: Someday Soon by Laura Ward

Review: Someday Soon by Laura Ward (Amy's Book Obsession)Someday Soon by Laura  Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is another book from within a series but I hadn’t read the earlier books and didn’t feel like I’d missed anything at all. I liked this one but didn’t love it. It’s a solid second chance romance but it didn’t blow me away. I love that the heroine is curvy and not traditionally beautiful. I love that she eats and isn’t shy about her love of food. I love that the story reminds us that we all have our own beauty, regardless of how it fits with society’s definition of beauty. My primary issue with this one is around Daisy’s family and their overbearing and non-supportive actions. She’s an adult and they’re telling her she can’t do what she wants … it just seemed like a bit too much to me. It frustrated me and made me want to yell at them!

[Thank you to the publisher for providing a free copy of this book for an honest review.]

No comments:

Post a Comment