Sunday, June 4, 2017

Review: So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson

So You've Been Publicly ShamedSo You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was really intrigued by the idea of this book as I think the public shaming we keep seeing via social media is really frightening in many different ways. I’d heard a podcast with the author and felt intrigued enough to pick up the book to do a deeper dive. And, ultimately, I liked this exploration of shaming. The case studies were interesting. I liked getting more background on the history of public shaming and how it ties into what we see today. I think this is something we’ll continue to see in social media but this book was a solid look at something that can be devastating on a personal and community level.

No comments:

Post a Comment