Friday, June 23, 2017

Review: Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan

Midnight at the Bright Ideas BookstoreMidnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is difficult to categorize ... it has elements of so many things - thriller, suspense and even literary fiction. It has it all and yet its not exactly any of those things. It was dark and depressing and yet hopeful and uplifting ... all at the same time. AND IT TAKES PLACE IN A BOOKSTORE (well, partly in a bookstore)! I really enjoyed this one! Overall, this was quite a clever novel. It's nuanced and layered. Well written and interesting. It's so much more than I expected going in. I honestly cannot believe that it is a debut novel. It's just fantastic! And it's a really effective mystery - I didn't figure everything out long before it was revealed which was nice! It is well plotted and had just the right level of suspense. The characters are well drawn and the story itself is strong. It kept me turning the pages despite being tired. It's all around a good read! Really good book - I highly recommend it!

NOTE: I was provided an ARC from the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment