Friday, October 28, 2016

Reviews Coming Soon! (And an Update)

I have been so busy with life that I'm behind in getting my reviews written and posted for you! I promise that there are a number of them coming this weekend! Some of the reviews coming include Jodi Picoult's new novel Small Great Things, A Life In Parts by Bryan Cranston, Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J. D. Vance. and about 8 romance novels. I've been reading them in between some of the more intense books to help clean my palette!

Also coming up are reviews for the books I'm reading now - The Mothers by Brit Bennett (I can't WAIT to tell you about this one), American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America by Colin Woodward (which I'm finding fascinating), and The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap: A Memoir of Friendship, Community, and the Uncommon Pleasure of a Good Book by Wendy Welch (which I'm reading as I work on my business plan for the independent bookstore I'm planning to open). I've also just started Listen, Liberal: Or, What Ever Happened to the Party of the People by Thomas Frank that I found on this fantastic list of books to read to be an informed voter. Given the current political environment, I've added a number of these to my list! I've already read 4 of the books on the list and they were all great. I've got a number of others on my 'get to soon' list! I highly recommend that list (or any of the content at Book Riot, for that matter). They also have several amazing podcasts which I also recommend if you love books! They are all fantastic! I'll have a post soon all about book podcasts that I love ... so keep an eye out for that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment