Monday, October 10, 2016

Review: A Change of Heart by Sonali Dev

A Change of HeartA Change of Heart by Sonali Dev
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed her first novel so I was excited to hear about this one. This novel has an intriguing premise that I thought played out well throughout the story. The characters were well done and the story was well developed. I love how her stories center around other cultures and offer a great deal of cultural diversity. I feel like I come away from her stories feeling like I get not only a good story but also a better understanding of cultural identity.

I really like how this one is focused around black market organ transplants. I found that part of the story to be very well done. It added to the mystery of the overall novel.

Although I quite liked this novel, I didn't find it quite as engaging as the previous novel of hers. The character development was good but not as good as before. It took quite awhile to connect with them or to feel connected to their relationship. It eventually came together but it took longer than I would have liked.

NOTE: I was given an ARC of this novel by the publisher for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment