Saturday, October 1, 2016

Review: The Fireman by Joe Hll

The FiremanThe Fireman by Joe Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just adore Joe Hill and this book was even better than I'd expected. He just knows how to tell a story. How to keep the reader engaged despite length. I loved the idea of Dragonscale and how the world reacted to it. It just made sense. Some people found this one to lag but I didn't. I felt it kept moving at a great pace and I never felt remotely bored. There were a few times that I wondered where we were going with the story but that's it. Just curiousity.

I loved the little odes to his father's work that Joe wove into the narrative. Those of us who are King fans will pick up on those and smile!

All in all, I really liked this one. Although not a perfect book (very few are), it's such a great ride! Lots of fun, intriguing and creative! I definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment